With Mother’s Day approaching, we are all thinking of ways to thank our moms for all the love & support they have given us through the years. The selfless and unconditional love that moms possess is inspirational. Sometimes gifts are just not enough, sometimes the only way to show our gratitude is with our undivided attention and time. As we all know intention goes where energy flows, so here are 5 simple and unique gift ideas to shower mom with love this Mother’s Day.
1. Organize a baking date. This is a great idea especially if you have little ones. Plan an afternoon in the kitchen, make some tea, put on some fun music, and get creative! Recreate some traditional recipes or make some new ones. Need inspiration? Watch this VIDEO created by our friends at Yummi Yogi. You can use the yoga cookie cutter you received in your December BuddhiBox and find other postures at our web store here – Yummi Yogi Cookie Cutters
2. Plan a private yoga class for mom. Know a busy mom who needs to spend more time on her yoga mat? Why not plan a private session for her? Find a location like a beautiful quiet park or scenic tranquil beach and set her up with a yoga mat, block, strap, blankets, and essential oils. Make it a date and treat yourself too. Find a registered yoga teacher in your area at the Yoga Alliance website. Find your yoga essentials like this beautiful Soulie mat sling/strap and Twisted Guru Beach Yoga Blanket at the BuddhiBox store.
3. Pamper her with me time. There are so many ways to do this. Let her put her feet up with a glass of OWL vegan wine and a good book while you run her errands, clean her house, make her dinner, or do the laundry. For extra bonus points send her to the local salon for a mani/pedi, facial, massage or all three! Make sure you send her off to the spa with AILA’s vegan nail polish and Real Beauty for a Cause’s Lemon Coconut Sugar Scrub.
4. Show her how loved she is. Create a grateful for mom journal and invite friends and family to write what they love about her. Create a Picasa photo album with fun photos past and present and invite others to add to it. Make a Spotify playlist with all her favorite music or have each member of the family create their own playlist in honor of her. These gifts will remain for years to come and she can enjoy every day.
5. Re-create a special memory. When I was a little girl, my mom would take me to Balboa Park in San Diego every weekend. We would walk around the park, visit museums, and have a picnic. A few years ago, I treated my mom to an afternoon in Balboa Park. I spent the afternoon listening to her recount memories and stories of the many weekends we had spent there. As much as I intended this to be a gift for her, it also became a treasured gift to me. Pick a day and invite mom for a day out to a meaningful place. Bring a camera and create new memories.
I would love to hear from you. Do you like these gift ideas? What is the best Mother’s Day gift you have received?
With kindness every day,
BuddhiBox Founder & Dog Mom