I recently posted the above image on the BuddhiBox Instagram feed. A few of the beautiful souls in our community asked for some tips on how to protect your energy. As I sat there thinking on how to respond, I found myself trying to come up with complex solutions to this problem; Which by the way is oh so typically me. The story of my life is wait, wait, let me over think this.
In reality, there are many answers to this question. Below are some things I do to protect, and equally as important – recharge my energy.
- Reconnect with nature – sit on the beach, go for a hike, watch a sunset, breathe in the air.
- Learn – read a book or listen to a podcast.
- Travel/Explore – it does not have to be to a far off land. Pick a weekend day to wake up early and explore parts of your city that you have not been to. Or that you have not visited in a while.
- Spend time with your tribe – nothing lifts your vibration like talking, laughing and quality time with the people you love most.
- Snuggle with a pet – nothing makes you feel more appreciated or loved than our pets. They set a great example of what pure love is.
- Burn palo santo or sage – great to clear negative or stagnant energies.
- Meditate – taking some time to be still and sit in a silence often helps realign the energy in my body and thoughts in my head.
- Aromatherapy – spraying my office space or sacred space with strategic essential oils bring instant gratification. I use citrus scents when I need a boost or soothing lavender when I need to chill.
- Give yourself a compliment- instant confidence boost.
- Treat yo’self! Buy yourself the seasonal drink at Starbucks, a new lipstick (cruelty free please), or new earrings. Something that makes you feel good!
- Exercise, dance, go for a walk – getting the heart rate up is a great way to circulate stagnant energy and accumulate healthy, happy endorphins.
- Sleep – it is vital. I know after I have a good night’s sleep I am more productive, and feel I can handle whatever my day throws at me.
- Create an intention – moments after you wake up, set an intention for your day. Keep it simple.
- Just say no – you are under no obligation to do something you do not want to do. No apologies.
- Just say fuck it – Because sometimes a four letter word does the trick.
For more inspiration, connect with us on Instagram.